In honor of the International Day of Peace on Friday, Sept. 21, Job Corps Y2Y is throwing a Virtual Peace Party, and everyone is invited!
What’s a Virtual Peace Party?
- We are encouraging all students to get on your social media pages to send and post messages, photos, and videos that spread peace. This can be from one of your Y2Y events earlier in the week or simply a quote about the importance of promoting peace. Be sure to use #JobCorpsY2Y and #VirtualPeaceParty for a chance to have the official Job Corps social media pages share your message.
- As a reminder, you can find Job Corps on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube @doljobcorps.
Who can participate?
- All Job Corps students and staff! Encourage community members to post as well using #JobCorpsY2Y and #VirtualPeaceParty.
Where is this happening?
- That’s what’s so great about social media. It allows you to connect with all other Job Corps students nationwide.
When is this happening?
- All day on Friday, Sept. 21 (International Day of Peace).
Why are we doing this?
- What better way to honor the International Day of Peace than to fill social media timelines and stories with messages about peace and positivity? The Virtual Peace Party can help spread your message to others on your center, in your community, and even around the country.
Thank you to the Muhlenberg Job Corps Center in Muhlenberg, Ky., for sharing this idea on the Y2Y Week Planning Webinar and inspiring a nationwide effort. We can’t wait for everyone to join us during this year’s #VirtualPeaceParty!