This year’s theme is Students Standing Together. Each center is encouraged to invite a nearby high school to participate in your Y2Y Week events. If there is not a high school near your center, you can reach out to another center with a nearby high school and plan an event together, or invite a local college to join you in your week’s activities.
Y2Y Week is Monday, Sept. 17–Friday, Sept. 21. The International Day of Peace is Friday, Sept. 21.
On the webinar, we had several centers share their plans for Y2Y Week. Here are a few of the highlights:
– A music festival with local bands and Job Corps students to unite the community.
– A complimentary Rap Battle, where students will rap positively about each other, their center, and their community.
– Creating superheroes that embody the spirit of Y2Y Week.
– Planning an opening ceremony to welcome community leaders, partners, and all individuals participating onto the center.
– A social media “Peace Mob,” where students will share compliments and positive messages over social media.
These are just a few of the many great ideas we heard during the webinar, and we hope they will inspire you to be creative when planning your Y2Y Week events.
For those who couldn’t join the Y2Y Week 2018 planning webinar, the presentation is under the “Preparing for a Y2Y Event” resources section on the website.